- Check-in time: 3 PM
- Checkout time: 11 AM
- Fast (350mbps down x 25mbps up) & free WiFi – Everywhere
- On-site, surface parking at no charge. Trailer and oversized vehicle parking available on site.
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Remodeled and Redecorated in 2016/2017.
- Traders Restaurant and Tiki Lounge serves lunch and dinner daily. Hot Breakfast Buffet is included for guests.
- Fitness Center open daily from 7:00am to 10:00pm
- Ocean Front Seasonally Heated Pool, and Kiddie Pool
- Family Recreation Area and Gardens featuring Basketball Half Court, ShuffleBoard and Picnic Area
- Tiki Bar Poolside serving frozen libations, beer, wine and cocktails seasonally.
- Complimentary Chaise Lounges and Pool Towels
- Daily Hot Breakfast Buffet(with a link to the menu and details)
- Served daily from 7:00am to 10:00am in Traders Restaurant and Tiki Lounge, Our Hot Breakfast Buffet earns rave reviews from guests. With selections changing daily, the buffet includes two types of Scrambled Eggs, a selection of breakfast meats, Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, Pancakes or Waffles, Oatmeal or Grits, Breakfast Potatoes, Choice of cereals (Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, And Raisin Bran) Breakfast Breads, Croissants, Homemade rolls and Doughnut Holes, Yogurt and Toppings of Blueberries, Strawberries and Granola, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Fruit Salad, Milk, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice, Regular and Decaf Coffee and Hot Tea.
- Daily Meet and Greet Cocktail Hour (with a link to menu and details)
- Meet and Greet your fellow Guests during daily Happy Hour. Included in guest room rates, Happy Hour is served nightly in Traders Restaurant and Tiki Lounge from 4:30-5:30 pm. Bud Light Draft, Copper Ridge Chardonnay, White Zinfandel and Cabernet along with House brand mixed drinks are included for guests along with a selection of Coca-Cola Brand Sodas.
- Cookies served daily after breakfast at the front desk
- A Local Newspaper is available to guests every day
- An ATM is located on property
- Vending and Ice Machines located on First, Third and Fifth Floors
- ADA Compliant Hotel
- Personalized Best Western Aku Tiki water at check out
- Early check-In by request for $50.00
- Late Check-out as available, by request for ½ nightly room rate.
- Guest Laundry located poolside. Detergent for Sale at Front Desk for $1.00
- No Smoking rooms are available.
- Free Self-Parking
- Service Animals permitted as required by Law. No other Pets permitted.
- Meeting Space available for Groups up to 100 people
- All rooms 390+ square feet
- Private Balconies or Patios for all rooms
- Guest Rooms Feature Two Queen Beds or One King Bed
- We offer rooms with either a North Ocean View, a Ocean/Pool View or Ocean Front View. There is a difference.
- North Ocean View: Northeast View of Daytona Beach, the Atlantic Ocean and surrounding buildings and neighborhoods.
- Ocean/Poolview: Southeast View of Daytona Beach, the Atlantic Ocean, Pool and Gardens Area.
- Ocean Front: Due East View of Daytona Beach and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Kitchenette Features: 4 Burner Range with OVen, Full Sized Refrigerator with Ice Maker, Microwave Oven, Coffee Maker with Starter Pack of Coffee, Toaster, Dinnerware for 4, Cookware.
- Standard Guest Rooms include a MicroFridge and Coffee Maker with Starter Pack of Coffee
- Guest Rooms Redecorated and Refurbished 2016 and 2017
- Guest Balconies and Sliding Doors replaced 2017
- Winn Dixie Grocery Store 2200 S Atlantic Ave
- Publix Supermarket and Pharmacy 3044 S Atlantic Ave
- Publix Liquors 3044 S Atlantic Ave
- Sunoco Gas Station 1200 S Atlantic Ave and 2530 S Atlantic Ave
- Metz Package Liquors 2136 S Atlantic Ave
- US Postal Service 2136 S Atlantic Ave
An Ideal Setting: Daytona Beach Shores, FL
Located just south of Daytona Beach’s bustling center, the five-story resort rests along a quiet stretch of world famous Atlantic coastline. The hard-packed sands provide the perfect conditions for long, leisurely walks, energetic activities, exciting beach play or just soaking up the sun. Be our guest once, and the Aku Tiki Inn will become your favorite Ocean Front hotel in Daytona Beach.
On the Beach
- Hard-packed shoreline, perfect for strolling or exciting activities
- Beach concession, lounges, cabanas and activities
- Just steps from a certified lifeguard
- Wave runners, Parasailing, Bicycles, Water Craft rentals nearby
- Deep Sea Fishing Charters nearby
By the Pool
- Multi-tiered pool/sun deck with lounges and umbrellas
- One of Daytona’s largest all-tile heated pools
- Kiddie pool
- Pool/beach towels
- Large, grassy, oceanfront picnic area and gardens
- Family Recreation Area with Basketball, table tennis and shuffleboard
Unique Beach Character
Recently redecorated, the hotel’s new tropical style remains true to the unique beach character guests have come to know and love, while giving the hotel new life, reflective of the fun Daytona Beach spirit. Inspiration from the colors of the sand, sea and sunrises are reflected in every renovated space throughout the hotel from the guest rooms to the lobby and corridors to Traders Restaurant and Tiki Lounge. The Reception Area, lobby and corridors have been brightened with new carpets that pay homage to island tribal patterns with seating updated for comfort and more modern styling. Keeping with the Tiki theme, wood elements were integrated into the new seating and tables.
Hearty bamboo, mature palms, colorful hibiscus, miniature and giant tikis adorn hallways and walkways, and an indoor/outdoor pond stocked with giant Koi add to the authenticity of this tropical oasis.
Aku Tiki translates as “water gardens,” so it’s no surprise that the property is surrounded by water. The Atlantic Ocean claims the east shore, while the Intercostal Waterway is visible to the west.
A Family Affair
Catering to families, adults, corporate travelers, golfers, seniors, and groups, the hotel has developed a stellar reputation for consistently providing quality accommodations and service to their guests. A testament to their commitment, many of the staff have been with the hotel for over 10 years.
In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, the resort earned TripAdvisor.com’s Certificate of Excellence designation. In 2015, the hotel was also named to The Trip Advisor Hall of Fame. Fewer than 10% of hotels worldwide receive this designation.
132 deluxe guest rooms, including 57 efficiencies, most with spectacular sunrise views over the expansive pool gardens and Atlantic Ocean or direct due east views of the beach and Atlantic Ocean. By December 2017, the balcony renovation project will be complete and new, high impact, wind resistant sliding doors installed in all guest rooms and new, high strength aluminum railings replacing the current solid walls on all balconies for unobstructed views. Ground floor rooms are available and feature furnished patios.
In the ongoing guest room redesign, comfort is a priority. Beds are receiving special attention with an upgraded mattress and cozy comforters. The fresh, bright, beach flair is brought to life through the soft carpet underfoot that is reminiscent of a woven basket. Fun, colorful artwork and light, fresh window treatments will complete the beachfront feel in all rooms by December 2016.
Standard guest rooms include two queen beds with a microwave, mini refrigerator, and coffee maker, while the efficiencies offer kitchenettes with refrigerator, stove and oven. King beds are available. Each room type supplies guests with the standard conveniences of a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, in room safe, free cable color TV with premium channels, and a daily local newspaper. Connecting rooms offer added convenience for larger families.
Wi-Fi is included and is the highest speed available in the area, providing guests with free, state of the art, Internet Access throughout the hotel.
Non-smoking rooms are available.